Search This Blog

Friday, June 27, 2014

Day One

So today I begin my quest not to buy any clothes or accessories for myself for 90 days. I have also added an amendment that when I buy things for other people or my home I will do my best to buy: 1) locally 2) repurposed/used 3) Buy them a service or experience so that both of us will create memories instead of waste... Wow! I'm cheesy!  ;)

*But seriously though - the best memories I have are of an experience not a thing - that has to say somethin'! 

Anyway, day one has proved to be increasingly difficult. I missed an attempt to eat at home by rushing around crazy and confused as usual when I left. Will have to work on that. Going to make up for this by eating at a private establishment and hoping for the best??? Then I started getting in the car to drive myself to the post office - a block away people!! Lazy wears a purple tank top and says what -whaaaat?!? Thankfully I got my lazy arse out of my car and walked. Calories lost, energy saved oh yeahhh!! But then, dear God then - I got in my car and didn't have sunglasses. The urge to buy new sunglasses at someplace cheap that probably produces via child labor and tons of toxic waste was strong within me!! I will fight it!! I am always complaining about how my job keeps me out of the sun all day and I never get enough sun on my face and here is an oppurtunity to be all naturaaallll and I am ready to buy .99 sunglasses. Saved money and waste and the environment in one small decision!! I will not contribute!! Okay enough crazy talk - real talk today I have to get a gift for my BCBFF (best cousin best friend foreva) Angie. She just got her first apartment. I have decided to take them out with me to said private food establishment instead of buying a gift card or an item. Hope they enjoy, more to come!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment